"We can do no great things. Only small things with great love. " Mother Theresa

January 17, 2012

JOY

You know how there are things in life that just bring us such joy we can't contain ourselves. I heard this on the radio on my way in to work (to really hear the announcer's joy, close your eyes and listen instead of watching):

Winning Shot at the Buzzer

That announcer has such joy coming out of his voice that it brought a smile to my face. I felt joyful hearing him.

His joy caused me to pause. To consider some of the things that bring joy into my life- the things that are sometimes easy to forget when I have been up half the night, or had a bad day, or....well you know. There are the simple joys- like a winning shot. And the great joys- like rocking your child while they sleep. They are all special. I need to stop and pause to appreciate them more.
Seeing the ocean after any small time away
A glass of red wine and a good book








Contagious Laughter











Eating any meal prepared by these hands. And even better...a hug from him with a "I just wanted to say how much I love you".
Ahhh...Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment