"We can do no great things. Only small things with great love. " Mother Theresa

December 2, 2013

The Peace of the Cricket

I woke to the sound of crickets.  It was one of those perfect fall nights, cool enough to sleep with the windows open. Did the crickets wake me or something else?
I remember thinking: I know so little about the cricket. Do they make noise all the time? Why? Can they sleep and make noise at the same time? Do they take turns- some sleep, some chirp? How do they ‘do’ life’? In packs? In herds? By themselves unless it is mating season? They are SO loud.
But as I began to write about them in the early hours of dawn, it was hard to hear them.

I am writing some this month for our church's advent blog. You can read the rest of this post along with some other great ones on this week's theme Expect Peace here

No comments:

Post a Comment