"We can do no great things. Only small things with great love. " Mother Theresa

November 22, 2017

40 Letters of Love: Dear Gratitude

Dear Gratitude,

Perhaps it is cliche that I'm writing to you as we head into Thanksgiving, but if anything has changed me, it's you. How do I say I'm grateful to gratitude? I'm not sure, but I do know this...

Watching a daddy play with his kids in the ocean from my chair on the beach, you overwhelmed me.

Receiving a gift delivered to my door from a friend on one of my darkest days with a note of love and prayer, you overwhelmed me.

Listening to the rain on the front porch of the cabin, you overwhelmed me.

Laughing along to a text thread from friends, you overwhelmed me.

Watching as my daughter plays with my niece, you overwhelmed me.

Dancing in the kitchen with the girls, you overwhelmed me.

During an expected hug at an unexpected time, you overwhelmed me.

Gratitude, you are a constant. Choosing you is not.

The Joy I receive when I fully step into you is one not describable by a pen to a page, but I couldn't let 40 Love Letters go on without you.

Thank you gratitude.

Love,
Me


No comments:

Post a Comment